Table of ContentsGexa Energy electricity rates About Gexa Energy Gexa Energy plans Gexa Energy reviews Services offered by Gexa Energy Gexa Energy services areas SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup Gexa Energy electric rates in my area Gexa Energy FAQs Contact Gexa Energy
Brands you know. Rates you can trust. Energy that works for you.
Call Today! 1-855-209-8145
Gexa Energy electricity rates
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Saver Deluxe 24||24 months||$0.134 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Saver Deluxe 12||12 months||$0.139 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Saver Value 12||12 months||$0.181 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Superb Saver 24||24 months||$0.216 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Superb Saver 12||12 months||$0.217 / kWh|
Please note: All rates above are accurate as of 5/27/2022, 8:36:03 AM CDT for ZIP Code 75001. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates in your area, please enter your zip code above.
About Gexa Energy
Gexa Energy, founded in Texas in 2002, provides energy plans powered by solar, wind, natural gas, and nuclear power. However, the company specializes in providing 100% green energy plans for residential customers, which includes a 60-day happiness guarantee for new customers. Gexa Energy is owned by the parent company NextEra Energy Resources. The energy provider offers residential and business energy options.
Enter your ZIP code above to search Gexa Energy plans in your city.
Gexa Energy at a glance
- Offers both fixed-rate and variable-rate energy plans.
- Plans powered by 100% renewable energy.
- 60-day happiness guarantee for new customers, which lets you switch to another Gexa Energy plan without a cancellation fee (within the first 60 days).
Gexa Energy plans
Gexa Energy has a variety of affordable plans for customers. Below are some of Gexa’s most popular electricity plans. Keep in mind that not all plans may be available in each ZIP code that Gexa serves. The early termination fee for 12-month plans is $150 and $295 for 24- and 36-month plans.
Gexa Saver Deluxe 12
This 12-month fixed-rate plan is typically one of the most affordable electricity plans on the market. This plan is best for customers who use between 1000 and 2000 kWh per month, because each month you fall within the target range, you receive a $100 credit to your bill. T
Gexa Saver Value 12
This is a 12-month fixed-rate electricity plan. For each month you use between 500 and 999 kWh, you’ll get a $35 bill credit. For months you use between 1,000 and 1,500 kWh, you’ll get a $50 bill credit. We recommend this plan if you typically use less than 1,500 kWh a month because you’ll qualify for the bill credits.
Gexa Superb Saver 12
Though it’s the most expensive of Gexa’s popular plans, this 12-month fixed-rate plan has plenty of perks. If you use between 1,500 and 1,999 kWh in a month, you’ll get a bill credit of $50. For usage between 2,000 and 2,500, you’ll get a bill credit of $100. This plan is best if you consistently use 1,500 or more kWh each month. For high-usage customers, Gexa Superb Saver 12 is a good alternative to the Gexa Saver Value 12.
Gexa Energy reviews
|Overall SaveOnEnergy score||3.8/5|
We’ve broken down our scoring model into three main categories:
- Customer service (Power to Choose complaint score; Satisfaction guarantee)
- Online accessibility (Online bill pay; Online chat; Access to usage alerts & trends)
- Business history (Number of years in business; Accreditation by the BBB)
Eighteen years in business and BBB accreditation pulled Gexa Energy ahead in business history. Solid customer service scores and usage alerts brought the company to a total of 3.8 out of five. For more information on SaveOnEnergy.com reviews, see the full list here.
(ratings updated 1/27/2021)
Services offered by Gexa Energy
Gexa Energy for residential customers
Gexa Energy offers a range of fixed-rate plans to give consumers the power to choose which works best for their typical energy usage. You can choose a plan that locks in rates for 12, 24, or 36 months. With certain plans, you’re eligible for a free smart thermostat.
Gexa Energy for business customers
Gexa has business energy plans for both small businesses and large companies. Industries served by Gexa Energy include restaurants, hospitality, retail, education, health care, technology, and manufacturing. Businesses can also choose from a suite of solutions to help them track and reduce their energy costs.
Green energy options with Gexa Energy
Gexa offers several green energy plans. Gexa’s electricity is generated through renewable sources, such as wind and sun. Gexa also purchases renewable energy certificates (RECs) from solar and wind generation.
Other Gexa Energy initiatives
- Gexa Energy Solutions: Gexa Energy Solutions LLC is an energy services company that helps governments and businesses become more energy efficient. Projects include installing and improving HVAC systems, retrofitting lights, and installing energy management control systems.
- Integrated Efficiency program: This program from Gexa Energy and NextEra Energy Services helps businesses identify areas where they can cut energy usage and reduce electricity bills.
Gexa Energy services areas
Gexa Energy plans are available in these utility service areas:
- AEP Texas. This utility is divided into two service areas: Texas Central and Texas North. Its markets include Laredo and McAllen.
- CenterPoint Energy. This utility serves metro Houston and much of southern and eastern Texas.
- Texas-New Mexico Power. The service area includes Houston, Dallas, and Fort Worth.
- Oncor Electric. This utility serves Waco, Midland, and Dallas, plus many smaller communities.
SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
How to move or transfer service with Gexa Energy
If you’re moving in Texas from one address in Gexa’s service area to another, simply call the company and let them know. They’ll coordinate moving your service to your new address. If you’re moving from a Gexa service area to an area the company doesn’t serve, you’ll have to cancel your plan. Gexa doesn’t charge a cancellation fee in that case. If you’re moving from an area that Gexa doesn’t currently serve, enter your ZIP code above to shop Gexa plans for your new home.
Gexa Energy electric rates in my area
Electricity rates vary across the state of Texas. The rate you pay at your home could be entirely different from what someone pays in a different part of the state, even for the same plan. This disparity is a result of different utility transmission charges. To get the most accurate quote, enter your ZIP code above to see electricity rates near you.
Gexa Energy FAQs
Will Gexa Energy require a deposit?
Gexa Energy requires a deposit for customers who don’t have satisfactory credit histories. If you are required to pay a deposit, you must pay it before starting your Gexa services. Learn more about no-deposit plans here.
Will Gexa Energy charge me a cancellation fee?
Gexa Energy charges a $150 early termination fee for cancelling your plan before your contract ends. However, this fee doesn’t apply if you move outside of Gexa’s service area.
How long has Gexa Energy been in business?
Gexa was founded in Texas in 2002 and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
What is the best Gexa Energy electricity plan?
The Gexa Saver Deluxe 12 plan is a customer favorite because you can earn a $100 bill credit every month when your electric usage is between 1000 and 2000 kWh. However, the best Gexa Energy plan can depend on the amount of electricity you expect to use each month.