Table of ContentsExpress Energy electricity rates Express Energy rates and plans Express Energy plans Express Energy reviews Services offered by Express Energy Express Energy service areas SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup Express Energy electric rates in my area Express Energy FAQs Contact Express Energy
Express Energy electricity rates
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|Express Energy - Flash 24||24 months||$0.135 / kWh|
|Express Energy - Flash 12 - with Auto Pay||12 months||$0.149 / kWh|
Please note: All rates above are accurate as of 5/27/2022, 8:37:09 AM CDT for ZIP Code 75001. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates in your area, please enter your zip code above.
Express Energy rates and plans
Express Energy bills itself as a “no-frills” retail electric provider that charges customers less than other providers. This electricity company provides a self-service online shopping system for Express Energy plans and a variety of affordable energy plans.
Once customers sign up, they can manage their account completely online, accessing the system at their convenience 24/7. The company also has a toll-free customer care line that is open on weekdays.
Express Energy is owned by Value Based Brands LLC and is headquartered in Dallas.
Express Energy at-a-glance
- Offers both fixed-rate plans and month-to-month plans that give consumers a flexible option.
- Has fixed-rate plans with a low cancellation fee, $20 for each month remaining on the contract.
- Offers a satisfaction guarantee that promises new customers can end their contract without paying a fee within 30 days of initial enrollment.
To explore the Express Energy plans available in your area, enter your ZIP code above.
Express Energy plans
Here are some examples of popular plans offered by Express Energy. Not every plan is available in every region in Texas. Additionally, Express Energy electric rates may vary depending upon your ZIP code. To discover the energy plans available for your home, enter your ZIP code above.
Flash 12 – with Auto Pay
If you’re willing to commit to a year-long contract and sign up for autopay, the Flash 12 fixed-rate plan from Express Energy could be a compelling option. An extra perk: for each month that you use at least 1,000 kWh of power, you’ll get a $100 credit on your bill. Because you must use at least 1,000 kWh a month to qualify for the bill credit, we do not recommend this plan if you typically use less electricity.
Express Energy’s Freeway 12 fixed-rate plan is an interesting option for households that use a lot of energy. Whenever you use 1,001 – 2,000 kWh of electricity in a month, you’ll receive free energy. Plus, if you use more than 2,000 kWh, you’ll enjoy a $35 bill credit. This plan is recommended for customers who fall within the 1,001 to 2,000 kWh usage range. If you typically use more or less than this, you won’t receive free energy and may have a higher energy bill.
Flash Bundled 12
Express Energy’s Flash Bundled 12 fixed-rate plan is an great option for households that use a lot of energy. Whenever you use more than 1,000 kWh of electricity in a month, you’ll receive a $100 bill credit. This plan is recommended for customers who fall above the 1,001 kWh usage range. If you typically use less than this, you won’t receive the bill credit and may have a higher energy bill.
Express Energy reviews
|Overall SaveOnEnergy score||3.8/5|
We’ve broken down our scoring model into three main categories:
- Customer service (Power to Choose complaint score; Satisfaction guarantee)
- Online accessibility (Online bill pay; Online chat; Access to usage alerts & trends)
- Business history (Number of years in business; Accreditation by the BBB)
With threes or better in every category, Express Energy came in with a total score of 3.8 out of five. This is due to pros including a satisfaction guarantee, usage alerts, and an A+ BBB rating, balanced out by a lack of online chat and a low complaint score. For more information on SaveOnEnergy.com reviews, visit the full list.
Services offered by Express Energy
Express Energy for residential customers
Express Energy provides low-cost, no-frills energy plans for residential customers. Many of the plans require you to sign up for a year or more. However, if you sign up for autopay, the plan may offer you a bill credit that can help reduce the amount you end up paying for electricity.
Express Energy for business customers
Currently, Express Energy does not offer any commercial energy plans.
Green Energy options with Express Energy
Because Express Energy operates in Texas, every plan it sells includes at least a portion of green energy. The plans we’ve outlined above each contain 6 percent renewable power, with the option of upgrading to 100 percent Texas wind energy when you enroll.
Other Express Energy initiatives
- Referral Rewards. Every time you refer someone to Express Energy, you’ll earn a $25 Visa gift card. The person you refer will also receive a gift card of the same amount. You’ll both receive the gift card after your friend signs up for service and has paid two billing cycles.
- Satisfaction Guarantee. Express Energy offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for new customers who want to cancel. You’ll have to pay for the electricity you used, but there’s no early cancellation fee.
- Deferred Payment Plan. Families facing financial difficulties can contact the company about a deferred payment plan.
Express Energy service areas
In the Lone Star State, you have the power to choose your electricity supplier — whether that’s Express Energy or one of the many other electric companies in the state. However, your power will be delivered by your utility company. Not sure which utility serves your area? Here’s a quick look at each of the Texas utilities and the cities where they operate.
- Oncor, which supplies power to the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex, as well as cities like Pflugerville and Round Rock
- CenterPoint, covering areas such as Houston, Katy, and League City
- Texas-New Mexico Power, which powers cities like Lewisville and Texas City
- AEP Texas, including the cities of Harlingen, Kingsville, and Victoria
SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
How to move or transfer service with Express Energy
With its online, self-service model, Express Energy makes it easy to transfer service if you move. Just go to your account and provide the new address. It’s best to give the provider at least two days’ notice of the switch, and two weeks’ notice is customary. You may have to pay extra for same-day service.
Express Energy electric rates in my area
Electricity providers like Express Energy sell plans in different parts of Texas, but the rates aren’t always the same. That’s because the different utilities that serve the state each have their own fees and charges. For that reason, you should only look at the electric rates in your area since they’re likely different from other areas of the state.
You can use SaveOnEnergy to find Express Energy electric rates near you. Type in your ZIP code above to kickstart your search.
Express Energy FAQs
Will Express Energy require a deposit?
Express Energy will check your history with utility payments, which the credit bureau rates as either pass or fail. If you don’t pass, you will have to pay a deposit. Express Energy will refund with interest after you pay your bill on time for 12 consecutive months.
How can I pay my Express Energy bill?
You can pay your bill through your online account. Express Energy will accept credit or debit cards as well as drafts from your bank account. You can also set up autopay to pay your bill automatically. Express Energy has an automated telephone payment system, which you access by calling 1-844-361-2080.
How do I contact Express Energy?
You can call the Express Customer Care line at 1-844-361-2080 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time. Send emails to service@MyExpressEnergy.com.
What happens to my Express Energy plan if I move before my contract ends?
If you plan to move from the address where you use Express Energy, you must notify the company that you are moving and provide a forwarding address. You must give the company at least three days notice before the termination date. If you follow those rules, the company will not charge a cancellation fee.