Brands you know. Rates you can trust. Energy that works for you.
Call Today! 1-855-209-8145
Compare Dallas electricity rates
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|Frontier Utilities - Frontier Super Value 24||24 months||$0.132 / kWh|
|First Choice Power - You Got This 12||12 months||$0.133 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Saver Deluxe 24||24 months||$0.134 / kWh|
|Express Energy - Flash 24||24 months||$0.135 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - GridEdge 18||18 months||$0.136 / kWh|
|4Change Energy - Maxx Saver Select 24||24 months||$0.137 / kWh|
|Constellation - 36 Month Usage Bill Credit||36 months||$0.149 / kWh|
|TXU Energy - Smart Edge 24||24 months||$0.149 / kWh|
|Discount Power - Value Plus 36||36 months||$0.157 / kWh|
|Pulse Power - Texas Green 36||36 months||$0.160 / kWh|
|Reliant - Basic Power 36||36 months||$0.167 / kWh|
|Cirro - Smart Value 12 Online||12 months||$0.186 / kWh|
|TriEagle Energy - Golden Eagle 36||36 months||$0.192 / kWh|
|Payless Power - Premier 12 - Prepaid Plan||12 months||$0.192 / kWh|
|Green Mountain - Pollution Free e-Plus 24 Preferred||24 months||$0.197 / kWh|
Please note: All rates above are accurate as of 5/27/2022, 8:52:06 AM CDT for ZIP Code 75001. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates in your area, please enter your zip code above.
How to find the best electricity rates in Dallas with SaveOnEnergy.com
Electricity rates in Dallas, TX, are constantly rising and falling, depending on demand and the time of year. As an energy consumer, it can be challenging to keep up with all of these fluctuations on your own. That’s where the SaveOnEnergy marketplace comes in. Using our marketplace, you can simply enter your ZIP code and explore all the cheap electricity rates and plans available near you.
Here’s how it works:
- Find affordable energy plans in your area. Visit our website and enter your ZIP code to get started. From there, you can filter by provider, rate type, contract length, green energy options, and more.
- Choose a plan and sign up. When you’ve found the right Dallas electricity provider for you, sign up online right away. Have questions? Call the number on this page to get in touch with an energy professional.
- Enjoy your new electricity plan. After signing up, you can start enjoying your new plan within days. Your new provider will handle everything, so there’s no need to notify your utility or previous electric company.
Cheap energy prices in Dallas
In Texas, wholesale electricity rates frequently go up and down, which can impact the energy rate you pay. In the chart below, data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) illustrates how retail electric rates around Texas rise and fall over the course of a year.
When you use SaveOnEnergy to compare electric rates in Dallas, you can feel confident that you’re comparing the most competitive rates in your area. Our marketplace helps you to easily find up-to-date Dallas electricity rates and compare them to get the best deal.
SaveOnEnergy makes it easy to find the cheapest rates on the market. While Texas’s average residential electricity rate is 11.96 cents per kWh, rates on SaveOnEnergy start as low as 6.7 cents per kWh.
Energy providers and utility companies in Dallas
As a resident of a deregulated city like Dallas, it’s important to recognize the difference between electricity providers and utilities. On one hand, your provider is responsible for purchasing or generating electricity, which they sell to you in a plan. In contrast, utilities are in charge of delivering electricity to your property and responding to power outages.
- Utility company in Dallas: Oncor Electric Delivery is the utility company in Dallas. Utilities are determined by geography, so you aren’t able to choose yours.
- Electricity companies in Dallas: You can pick from numerous Dallas electricity providers, ensuring that you find the best deal. Some of the most well-known suppliers include Reliant Energy, TXU Energy, Frontier Utilities, and Pulse Power.
Power outages in Dallas
When your electricity goes out, you need to contact your utility company (Oncor), as they’re responsible for the power infrastructure in your area. Don’t contact your electricity provider.
Electricity rates in my area
When shopping for a new plan, make sure that you’re only comparing rates in your area. Each utility has its own transmission charges, which means that electricity prices across Texas vary from city to city — even if you’re looking at the same plan and provider.
So how do you discover the best electricity rates in Dallas? Your first thought might be to search online for generic terms like “best electric company near me” or “electricity rates in my area.” However, it’s more efficient to use the reputable SaveOnEnergy marketplace to explore multiple rates and providers in one place.
Enter your ZIP code above to find and compare electric rates in your part of Dallas.
How weather affects Dallas electricity rates
Texas is known for its hot summer temperatures and mild winters. The average high temperature in Dallas is 96 degrees in July and August and 56 degrees in January. As a result of these different temperatures, electricity demand also varies throughout the year.
Electricity rates tend to be cheaper when energy demand is low and more expensive when demand is high. One of the best ways to save on electricity costs and get cheap electricity in Dallas is to lock in a fixed-rate plan when rates are low.
Moving to Dallas?
As the third-biggest city in Texas, Dallas is home to more than 1.3 million residents and is the centerpiece of the sprawling Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. If you’re relocating to Dallas, you can rely on SaveOnEnergy to browse electricity rates in your area and lock in an affordable plan that suits your energy habits. To get started, just enter your new Dallas ZIP code above to compare a list of rates and plans available in Dallas today.
SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
Types of plans in Dallas
As you look for new electricity providers, you’ll notice multiple types of plans. If you want to learn more about your options, check out our guide to picking an energy plan or call us at the phone number on this screen.
- Fixed-rate plans: When you sign up for a fixed-rate plan, your electricity rate will be locked in for the duration of your contract (generally 12 months or longer). These plans give you a predictable energy bill. If you cancel before your contract is up, you’ll pay an early termination fee (ETF). However, if you are moving to a new address, you will not have to pay an ETF.
- Variable-rate plans: Variable-rate plans are the opposite of fixed-rate plans. You won’t be in a contract or have an ETF, but your rate is liable to fluctuate between billing periods. Variable-rate plans can be a good short-term option, but could end up being more expensive if energy rates spike.
Green electricity in Dallas
Across the country, Texas is leading the way in green energy. Specifically, the Lone Star State creates the most electricity from wind of all 50 states. It’s also within the top five states for solar energy generation.
Whenever you buy an electricity plan in Texas, it will come with at least a small percentage of renewable energy, with some plans containing 100 percent green energy. Check your Electricity Facts Label (EFL) for more details. Similarly, a handful of Dallas electricity providers exclusively offer renewable plans, including Green Mountain Energy and Gexa Energy.
Business energy plans in Dallas
Like residential energy, commercial electricity is also deregulated. If you own a company in Dallas, you can use SaveOnEnergy to get the best energy rate for your business. To learn more, visit our commercial energy rates page.
Dallas energy FAQs
How do I find a green energy plan in Dallas?
Texas residents have an easy time finding affordable green energy electricity plans. To get started, just enter your ZIP code above. Once your results appear, you can filter them to see only green energy plans near you.
How do I choose an electricity provider in Dallas?
SaveOnEnergy makes it easy to shop for electricity. When you enter your ZIP code, you can see all of the energy plans available in your area. Then you can compare them by price, type of plan, percentage of green energy, providers in your area, and more.
How can I lower my utility bill in Dallas?
There are plenty of ways to lower your utility bill, including using less electricity and purchasing energy-efficient appliances. But one of the simplest ways to save on energy costs is to switch to an electricity plan with a lower rate.
Who has the best electricity rates in Dallas?
Frontier Utilities, Express Energy, and Pulse Power currently have the cheapest electricity in Dallas, with rates as low as 6.7 cents per kWh. Enter your ZIP code above to explore current rates in your area.
Calculate your energy usage in Dallas
Not sure how much energy you use? Check out our energy calculator to estimate your monthly household electricity usage. From there, you can easily find plans that suit your usage habits.