Compare Corpus Christi electricity rates
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|First Choice Power - You Got This 12||12 months||$0.138 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - GridEdge 18||18 months||$0.142 / kWh|
|Frontier Utilities - Frontier Super Value 24||24 months||$0.142 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Saver Deluxe 24||24 months||$0.144 / kWh|
|Express Energy - Flash 24||24 months||$0.145 / kWh|
|4Change Energy - Maxx Saver Select 24||24 months||$0.147 / kWh|
|Constellation - 36 Month Usage Bill Credit||36 months||$0.152 / kWh|
|TXU Energy - Smart Edge 24||24 months||$0.159 / kWh|
|Pulse Power - Texas Green 36||36 months||$0.160 / kWh|
|Discount Power - Value Plus 36||36 months||$0.162 / kWh|
|Reliant - Basic Power 36||36 months||$0.172 / kWh|
|TriEagle Energy - Golden Eagle 36||36 months||$0.192 / kWh|
|Cirro - Smart Lock 24 Online||24 months||$0.192 / kWh|
|Green Mountain - Pollution Free e-Plus 24 Preferred||24 months||$0.202 / kWh|
|Payless Power - Premier 12 - Prepaid Plan||12 months||$0.203 / kWh|
Please note: All rates above are accurate as of 5/27/2022, 8:50:25 AM CDT for ZIP Code 78415. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates in your area, please enter your zip code above.
How to find the best electricity rates in Corpus Christi with SaveOnEnergy.com
The SaveOnEnergy marketplace will help you find the best Corpus Christi electricity rates. We work with the top providers to provide accurate electricity rates in your area. . Finding a plan that’s right for you takes only three steps:
- Shop for cheap electricity in Corpus Christi: Enter your ZIP code above to find energy plans and providers in your area. You can use our filtering tools to narrow your search based on plan types, providers, and more.
- Sign up within minutes: After you find the plan you like, you can complete the signup process online or by calling us at the number listed on this page.
- Enjoy the savings: After signing up, you can relax as your supplier handles the rest.
Cheap energy prices in Corpus Christi
The deregulated energy market promotes competition among providers. Texas electric rates can vary based on load demand, weather, and other factors. This chart contains information from the Energy Information Administration, showing prices in cents per kWh for different times of the year in Texas.
Energy providers and utility companies in Corpus Christi
When you shop for energy plans, you need to know the difference between electricity providers and utility companies. In deregulated parts of Texas, you’ll buy an energy plan from an electricity provider (also referred to as a retail electric provider or REP). However, your utility is the company that will deliver the power to your home.
- The local utility in Corpus Christi: Your utility is American Electric Power (AEP). You do not select your utility because it is assigned based on where you live.
- Electricity providers in Corpus Christi: You have many options when it comes to Corpus Christi electricity providers, including trusted brands like Cirro Energy, Constellation Energy, First Choice Power, and TXU Energy.
Power outages in Corpus Christi
When you experience a power outage, you want to contact AEP, not your electricity provider. You can do so by:
- Calling them at 1-877-373-4858
- Reporting it through their website
Electricity rates in my area
Shopping for electricity rates in your area is important because location affects prices due to transmission charges. Thankfully, SaveonEnergy takes the guesswork out of estimating prices. By entering your ZIP code, you can discover available plans and rates from the best electric companies near you.
How weather affects Corpus Christi electricity rates
As the weather changes, so do energy rates. Corpus Christi has average temperatures as low as 62 degrees in January and 90 degrees in July. The summer heat causes a higher demand due to increased air conditioning. Conversely, when the weather steadies in the autumn and spring, demand decreases.
Electricity rates decrease as the demand for electricity lowers. Corpus Christi residents can pay less for energy service by shopping during a time with lower demand.
Moving to Corpus Christi?
Residents of Corpus Christi enjoy coastal living with attractions like the Padre Island National Seashore. They also receive great energy prices due to deregulation. If you are moving to the area, we make it easy to find energy options quickly. Enter your ZIP code to compare electricity rates in Corpus Christi.
SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
Types of plans in Corpus Christi
There are a variety of plans available including fixed-rate, prepaid, commercial, no-deposit, and variable-rate options. Our article on choosing a plan can help you determine which one is right for you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the number on this page.
Fixed-rate plans in Corpus Christi
With a fixed-rate plan, the electric rate remains the same throughout your contract. You do not have to worry about rate hikes due to seasonal variances or other market influences. Although, if you cancel early, your provider might assess an early termination fee (ETF).
Variable-rate plans in Corpus Christi
Variable-rate plans offer a low introductory price and no contracts. The downside is your rate varies, meaning if demand increases, so will your costs.
Green electricity in Corpus Christi
If you’re interested in green energy plans, Corpus Christi is an excellent place to be. Texas is one of the leading producers of wind and solar energy in the country. There are a variety of green energy plans available in your area.
As a result, all Texas electricity plans contain at least a portion of renewable energy. The specific percentage of renewable energy is found on your plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). Some Corpus Christi providers specialize in offering 100% green energy plans, such as Chariot Energy, Gexa Energy and Green Mountain Energy.
Business energy plans in Corpus Christi
Companies in Corpus Christi can also benefit from energy deregulation. SaveOnEnergy can help you find cheap energy rates for your business by entering your information in our business energy form. Alternatively, you can speak with one of our energy wizards by contacting the number on this page.
Corpus Christi energy FAQs
Who has the cheapest electricity rates in Corpus Christi?
How do I find a green energy plan in Corpus Christi?
After entering your ZIP code on our marketplace, you can find filtering tools to the left of the plans. Select the green energy box to discover the options available near you.
How can I lower my utility bill in Corpus Christi?
Consider switching providers to receive a lower rate. You can also install a smart thermostat to raise the temperature when you’re away from home. Also, when you buy home appliances, choose energy-efficient ones.
Who has the best electricity rates in Corpus Christi?
The best electricity rate depends on your energy needs. Payless Power is affordable for variable-rate customers, with rates as low as 15.9 cents per kWh. If you want a green energy plan, Gexa Energy has rates beginning from 7.9 cents per kWh. The SaveOnEnergy marketplace can help you compare electric rates in Corpus Christi to find the best rate for your needs.
Calculate your energy usage in Corpus Christi
Our energy calculator can help you ballpark your home’s energy consumption. And once you have an estimation, you can pair it with the right plan on our marketplace.